Wednesday, November 17, 2010

i2cworld / GEB Purchases- Problems

There have been numerous problems happening on eBay because of GEB. The seller being a very big company is seriously not bothered about buyers. eBay is getting a big commission as fees so it is also keeping mum.

GEB is a protected id on eBay. That means it cannot be suspended for non performance. So be very careful while you are dealing with any of GEB items. Remember -
1- they wont communicate after you have paid.
2- For every other purchase you will get a wrong tracking number which GEB will enter just to block the money.
3- And eBay executives cant do anything about it
So be very careful with GEB purchases.

Here are some of experiences put on by buyers about GEB or I2Cworld -


"
I ordered a Lenovo Thinkpad x201 costing about Rs. 60000 using GEB through the seller i2cworld_inc3 on 22-Oct-10. I got a message that they shipped the order on 29-Oct-10 and that it should reach me latest by 13-Nov-10.
The problem is that their tracking never updated. It always said "22-Oct-10 New York Item received". I called their phone number a few times, but the operators kept transferring me from one extension to another till the phone disconnected. I emailed them directly and through the ebay system but received no reply despite the assurance of a response within "1-2 business days".
I made a refund claim on 14-Nov-10. There still was no communication from the seller. I came to know today that the laptop had been delivered to the shipping address on 16-Nov-10. It is in perfect condition and as described. I wonder why a seller who actually delivers the goods behaves in such a casual way even when a relatively large transaction is involved.
My laptop (which is on my lap right now) is still lying in New York according to the tracking feature on iccworld.com!
Although I am pleased with the item, I was forced to assume over the last few days that I had been defrauded of a large sum. Hence, I left neutral feedback. I hope the service is better next time. 

" -  cra****p

"

this GEB format leaves MUCH to be desired.

there is little clarity on where is the item you purchased, or when will it arrive, or what to do when you get a wrong item. you will just end up getting your hard earned money getting stuck for weeks.
is it something wrong with I2C-world, or the entire system of GEB?
I paid Rs 21000 for a watch purchased on GEB on 18-october. Item hasn't even left New York- as confirmed by I2C ( I was told that i2c received an 'item not as described', and so returned it. The seller hasn't even given a new shipment date). I am supposed to receive it by 10-november; but it seems impossible, as the item hasn't been shipped yet. It was though nice on the part of i2c to return the item to the seller- there itself; and saved ME taking all the trouble to do that.
Though I will file for refund on 10-november, and get my money back. But the bottomline is: Is it really worth taking all the trouble to purchase from GEB?
Some serious actions are required by Ebay, else it will loose popularity here.. 

"- su****a

"

I purchased an item from Global Easybuy - (GEB - 220653246064 - 8 inch Google Android Apad Tablet ) from international reseller i2cworld_inc3 on 15th August 2010 at a price of Rs. 8832/-

When the item arrived, I found that its a 7" one and not 8" (yet another fraud). I contacted reseller who promised a replacement. I sent back the item by spending Rs.350/- on 4th september by blue dart.

On 24th September Sameera from eBay called me up and informed that seller is unable to provide a replacement and will refund the amount and shipping charge and that it will be credited to my a/c within 6-7 working days.

That did not happen. Yesterday (11th Oct) I called up eBay and they said money has already been refunded. I checked my HDFC Bank a/c from where I made the payment and there was nothing. The eBay customer support says they have nothing else to do. My bank says they did not receive any money to my a/c from eBay.

I am trapped in-between and don't know what to do. So far I advocated online purchase from eBay to all my friends citing the much touted "Buyer Protection". Now after facing a loss of a huge sum, I am totally shaken. Had I not returned the item, I would have lost a lesser amount. But I relied on the so called "eBay Buyer Protection".

The peculiar thing is that I did not receive any email from eBay intimating that the sum had been credited to my account. I only came to know when I called up their customer service. Strange things are going on. I even suspect a fraud somewhere in the line. My friends used to say that these kind of online purchases never work in India. Now I think they were right.  

" -sa******a

There are other numerous experiences of buyers who have been cheated on GEB, you can all check them by searching eBay India community board. So final word be very careful. 

5 comments:

  1. I have a question regarding a separate subsite Global EasyBuy by ebay. Why is the international selection kept separate from the Indian portal ebay.in? Why isn't it available directly on ebay.in with other local selection when it is anyways being shipped to India? Why this distinction? Its confusing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i2cworld is fraud seller. i bought iphone 5c from them, they sent me iphone 5s backcover, and claimed entire rs. 18000. now ebay doesn't do anything; only says refundwill be made toi my bank account in a week, but its been a month now. no rufunds. dont buy from i2cworld.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I purchased GEB samsung camera 3g from i2cworld. I got the packet through bluedart. When I opened it there was no camera in it. It has just the usb charger. Now I'm worried what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why not go for a Consumer case, atleast we can surely piss them off...

    ReplyDelete